tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor S." <>
Subject Question regarding of an implementation of a custom Valve
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:26:51 GMT
Hi guys,

for some reasons, I need to implement a Valve within Tomcat 6, and
everything's running smoothely.

I put the Valve into my Context-definition, fire up Tomcat & there we go.

However, I just don't see how I can access any parameters inside the
Valve-specification inside the Context-definition.

Let's say I have the following Valve-definition inside my Context:

<Valve className=""

How can I access the attribute "path" in the above definition?

I looked up the source of AccesslogValve, but I didn't see any
browsing of the <Valve..../>

Is it that I just have to specify a getter / setter inside my
Valve-source for the corresponding attribute inside the
Valve-specification, and it will be picked up automatically?

Sorry if this is a lame question, but I'm not into Tomcat's source,
and before spending hours and hours, I'd rather ask the guys who
should know ;)

just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 3DB13F197F8A0360814885D1F1F1E2EFAD509AFD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message