tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing zips to the maven repo
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:17:27 GMT

On Oct 14, 2011, at 12:07 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> On 10/14/2011 02:01 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>> We've been using plain Tomcat zips for creating TomEE in the OpenEJB maven build
for a while now.  So far that has been done by publishing the Tomcat zips to a maven repo
in svn.  Not the best idea to have them in svn, so we're trying to get them in the actual
maven repo.

>> It's pretty slick to be able to use the maven dependency plugin to download and unpack
the zip so you can run integration tests and things like that.  Arquillian does that.  Or
do like we do and download&  unpack with the dependency plugin, then add some wars&
 zip up again with the maven assembly plugin.

>> The current plan is to continue using the org.apache.openejb groupId.  Do we (Tomcat)
want to publish them ourselves in the org.apache.tomcat section of the repo?

> We already have a bunch of sources/binaries in the maven repo can't you build using it?
- In other words what is missing or wrong? -

I didn't notice the actual fully assembled Tomcat zip file.  Is that there or you referring
to the individual jars?

The goal is to have this as a maven artifact:

  http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.22/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.22.zip

-David