tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing zips to the maven repo
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:07:35 GMT
On 10/14/2011 02:01 AM, David Blevins wrote:
> We've been using plain Tomcat zips for creating TomEE in the OpenEJB maven build for
a while now.  So far that has been done by publishing the Tomcat zips to a maven repo in svn.
 Not the best idea to have them in svn, so we're trying to get them in the actual maven repo.

> It's pretty slick to be able to use the maven dependency plugin to download and unpack
the zip so you can run integration tests and things like that.  Arquillian does that.  Or
do like we do and download&  unpack with the dependency plugin, then add some wars&
 zip up again with the maven assembly plugin.

> The current plan is to continue using the org.apache.openejb groupId.  Do we (Tomcat)
want to publish them ourselves in the org.apache.tomcat section of the repo?

We already have a bunch of sources/binaries in the maven repo can't you
build using it? - In other words what is missing or wrong? -

Cheers

Jean-Frederic