tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "ian@darwinsys.com" <...@darwinsys.com>
Subject Re: Add daemon.sh to bin/ for both trunk and 7.0.x
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:47:32 GMT
+1 to moving it as described.

-- Ian

----- Reply message -----
From: "Mladen Truk" <mturk@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <dev@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Add daemon.sh to bin/ for both trunk and 7.0.x
Date: Sat, Oct 29, 2011 12:42

Hi,

As part of Commons daemon that we ship with tomcat
there is example daemon launch script which users
have started to use for running tomcat under jsvc.
I propose we move that script from daemon to tomcat
since it belongs here.
The script can be found inside each tomcat distribution as
bin/commons-daemon-native.tar.gz#native/samples/Tomcat7.sh

It is inside samples directory not because
its an "example quality" (quite contrary), but rather
because no other place would fit into something that has
no tomcat in its project name.

Comments?

Regards
--