tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven Artifacts Deployment
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:03:22 GMT
Mark,
I'm adding setup in the plugin to deploy tru scp.

I wonder if you could use a file ~/.m2/settings.xml when deploying
with adding some permissions :
    <server>
      <id>apache.releases</id>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>644</filePermissions>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>644</filePermissions>
    </server>
see http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/README.txt .

add adding in mvn-pub.xml

<remoteRepository url="${maven.repo.url}" layout="default"
id="apache.release or apache.snapshots">

currently to fix permissions in p.a.o, I have done :
$ mv /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/tomcat
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/.tomcat
$ cp -r mv /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/.tomcat/*
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/tomcat/

BTW you can remove .tomcat directory

Thanks,
--
Olivier

2011/9/8 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
> On 08/09/2011 16:09, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>> Hello,
>> For the maven plugin, I have asked some configuration to be able to
>> deploy in repository.apache.org (see [1] ).
>> It looks to not be possible to deploy to p.a.o and to r.a.o.
>> I wonder how do you deploy artifacts to p.a.o ?
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/res/maven/mvn-pub.xml?view=log
>
> deploy-release gets used for every 7.0.x release
> deploy-staging is rarely (never?) used
> deploy-snapshot was used a lot before the first 7.0.x release, much less
> since
>
> Other versions have similar scripts although I am less familiar with them.
>
>> Could it be possible to deploy those to r.a.o ? (BTW I can help here
>> on writing scripts)
>
> As long as the maven publishing process is nothing more than a one liner
> that I can run on the command line and just leave to do its stuff and
> the end result is that the JARs end up in Maven central then I have no
> preference for how the magic happens.
>
> At the moment, all I need to do once the release has been approved is:
> ant -f mvn-pub.xml deploy-release
>
> I would be very much against any process that requires more than the above.
>
> Mark

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com