tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project tomcat-tc7.0.x-test (in module tomcat-7.0.x) failed
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:21:39 GMT
2011/9/12 Bill Barker <billwbarker@verizon.net>:
> What is happening is that checkstyle stopped building in Gump about 3 weeks
> ago, so tomcat-trunk and tomcat-7.0.x wouldn't build in Gump since the
> checkstyle jar was missing. Since the build and test targets for these
> projects only look to see if the file is there (to decide if it needs to
> download it),
> I changed Gump to look for a file that is always there (but
> isn't related to checkstyle).  So this message is the result of 3 weeks of
> Gump not running tests.  Until checkstyle fixes their build, the Tomcat
> checkstyle projects still won't run in Gump.

As far as I remember tc7.0.x/trunk build files,  it will look for
checkstyle.jar only if validation was requested.

Thus that property setting is actually non needed in all projects
there, except  tomcat-*-validate one.

(I won't bother with it though until we have a successful run of the tests).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko