tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1173082 - in /tomcat/trunk: java/org/apache/coyote/http11/ test/org/apache/catalina/comet/
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 00:41:05 GMT
2011/9/20 Mark Thomas <>:
> On 20/09/2011 13:41, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> BTW: I am unable to reproduce Gump failure for TestCometProcessor with NIO
>> (running with JDK 6u26/WinXP),
>> but this test fails for me when running it with APR connector.
> I *think* I have all these issues fixed now. The unit tests pass for me
> on Linux and Windows. We'll find out tomorrow if Gump is happy now. If
> you could test APR as well that would be great.

Running trunk @r1173433,
BIO - OK (it actually skips the test)
NIO failed first 2 of 8 runs:

------------- ---------------- ---------------

Testcase: testSimpleCometClient took 17,813 sec
expected:<Client: READ: [4] bytes> but was:<Client: READ: [8] bytes>
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<Client: READ: [4]
bytes> but was:<Client: READ: [8] bytes>
	at org.apache.catalina.comet.TestCometProcessor.testSimpleCometClient(

Testcase: testCometConnectorStop took 5,328 sec

IIRC it is expected (two subsequent network packets arriving to Tomcat
without a delay between them)

Also the following messages (they existed before),
    [junit] 21.09.2011 4:18:14
org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGenerator createSecureRandom
    [junit] INFO: Creation of SecureRandom instance for session ID
generation using [SHA1PRNG] took [5,016] milliseconds.
    [junit] 21.09.2011 4:18:22
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
    [junit] SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a
thread named [SeedGenerator Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is
very likely to create a memory leak.

and for APR connector (but it does not make it to fail):

    [junit] 21.09.2011 4:18:22
    [junit] INFO: Failed to create poller with specified size of 8192

It is with JDK 6u26 on WinXP 32-bit.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: