tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mailing list for the Tomcat Maven Plugin
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2011 17:46:29 GMT
2011/9/14 Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org>:
> Hello Folks,
> I wonder if we have to create separates mailing lists or using the
> default tomcat mls ? (some users ping me directly to have separates)
> Let me know what is your opinion on that ?

There is a precedent: the Taglibs subproject has separate taglibs-user list,
but uses the same dev@ and announce@.

I tried to look at the old mailing lists, as listed on
http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/mail-lists.html

but those are covering all mojo, not only tomcat-maven-plugin.
I did not understand most of topics discussed there, likely because of that.

I think though that questions specific to your tomcat-maven plugin
will be more understandable, and thus can be discussed on
users@tomcat. That is, like questions about Ant support in Tomcat or
the Manager webapp, that are already discussed on users@.

My opinion is that users@tomcat probably will be fine with those
questions, with no need for a separate mailing list.

Olivier, are you OK with following users@tomcat for such questions, or
there are too many other topics there that will distract your
attention, and a separate mailing list will be more comfortable for
you?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko