tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project tomcat-tc7.0.x-test (in module tomcat-7.0.x) failed
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 21:21:48 GMT
2011/9/28 Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>:

> Hmmm, I just saw the first failure for TC 7 (7.0.21) in a possibly
> related test, though I'm getting less data than expected:
>
> TEST-org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TestNonBlockingCoordinator.APR.txt
>
> Testcase: testCoord1 took 11.927 sec
>        FAILED
> Message count expected to be equal. expected:<8> but was:<0>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Message count expected to be
> equal. expected:<8> but was:<0>

Regarding TestNonBlockingCoordinator:
I do not have time to investigate it further, but

1. The test itself succeeds for me
2. It does not use ArrayList etc., all information is retrieved from
tribes classes.
3. I observed funny messages in the logs from tribes classes with this
test. The test itself did not fail. Such as:

1) ConcurrentModificationException
=======
    [junit] 29.09.2011 0:58:20
org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver stopListening
    [junit] SEVERE: Unable to close cluster receiver selector.
    [junit] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    [junit] 	at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:793)
    [junit] 	at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:828)
    [junit] 	at
java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection$1.next(Collections.java:1010)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver.closeSelector(NioReceiver.java:373)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver.stopListening(NioReceiver.java:356)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver.stop(NioReceiver.java:86)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelCoordinator.internalStop(ChannelCoordinator.java:203)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelCoordinator.stop(ChannelCoordinator.java:115)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.stop(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:178)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.stop(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:178)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.NonBlockingCoordinator.stop(NonBlockingCoordinator.java:476)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.stop(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:178)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.stop(GroupChannel.java:438)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TestNonBlockingCoordinator.tearDown(TestNonBlockingCoordinator.java:124)
=======
(During tearDown())

- All Gump runs (7.0,8.0 x BIO,NIO) show it as well.

2) NullPinterException while reading data from NioChannel
- If I remember it correctly. I cannot reproduce now and I do not have
a stacktrace.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko