tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project tomcat-tc7.0.x-test (in module tomcat-7.0.x) failed
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 21:21:48 GMT
2011/9/28 Rainer Jung <>:
> Hmmm, I just saw the first failure for TC 7 (7.0.21) in a possibly
> related test, though I'm getting less data than expected:
> Testcase: testCoord1 took 11.927 sec
>        FAILED
> Message count expected to be equal. expected:<8> but was:<0>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Message count expected to be
> equal. expected:<8> but was:<0>

Regarding TestNonBlockingCoordinator:
I do not have time to investigate it further, but

1. The test itself succeeds for me
2. It does not use ArrayList etc., all information is retrieved from
tribes classes.
3. I observed funny messages in the logs from tribes classes with this
test. The test itself did not fail. Such as:

1) ConcurrentModificationException
    [junit] 29.09.2011 0:58:20
org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver stopListening
    [junit] SEVERE: Unable to close cluster receiver selector.
    [junit] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    [junit] 	at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(
    [junit] 	at java.util.HashMap$
    [junit] 	at
    [junit] 	at
    [junit] 	at
    [junit] 	at
    [junit] 	at
    [junit] 	at
    [junit] 	at
    [junit] 	at
    [junit] 	at
    [junit] 	at
    [junit] 	at
    [junit] 	at
(During tearDown())

- All Gump runs (7.0,8.0 x BIO,NIO) show it as well.

2) NullPinterException while reading data from NioChannel
- If I remember it correctly. I cannot reproduce now and I do not have
a stacktrace.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: