tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1166290 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/core/DefaultInstanceManager.java
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:49:08 GMT
2011/9/7  <markt@apache.org>:
> Author: markt
> Date: Wed Sep  7 18:11:20 2011
> New Revision: 1166290

> Log:
> Add a simple annotation cache to improve performance for applications that use lots of
non-poolable tags.

1. I think most classes do not have annotations. If I understand
correctly the code allocates new ArrayList() for each class. Maybe we
can optimize for classes that do not have annotations?
(E.g. using a shared instance of Collections.emptyList()).

2. I wonder when the cache is cleared. E.g. if we are in development
mode or have enabled unloading unused JSPs in JspServlet
configuration. If I understand correctly it accumulates references to
Class objects but never releases them.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko