tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven Artifacts Deployment
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 15:46:50 GMT
On 08/09/2011 16:09, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Hello,
> For the maven plugin, I have asked some configuration to be able to
> deploy in repository.apache.org (see [1] ).
> It looks to not be possible to deploy to p.a.o and to r.a.o.
> I wonder how do you deploy artifacts to p.a.o ?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/res/maven/mvn-pub.xml?view=log

deploy-release gets used for every 7.0.x release
deploy-staging is rarely (never?) used
deploy-snapshot was used a lot before the first 7.0.x release, much less
since

Other versions have similar scripts although I am less familiar with them.

> Could it be possible to deploy those to r.a.o ? (BTW I can help here
> on writing scripts)

As long as the maven publishing process is nothing more than a one liner
that I can run on the command line and just leave to do its stuff and
the end result is that the JARs end up in Maven central then I have no
preference for how the magic happens.

At the moment, all I need to do once the release has been approved is:
ant -f mvn-pub.xml deploy-release

I would be very much against any process that requires more than the above.

Mark