tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Brandt <>
Subject ECJ 3.3.1 now in Maven Central for Tomcat Jasper 6.0.32
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 21:50:49 GMT

I've bundled and submitted ECJ 3.3.1 to Maven Central to satisfy the missing dependency from
Jasper 6.0.32 (<>).
 It's been accepted and synced (<>).
 I don't mind submitting other versions of ECJ as needed.  I may not always monitor this list,
so feel free to send requests to my e-mail, or occasionally I may be found as ianbrandt in
#tomcat on

I can't promise instant turnaround, but I'll do my best.  Otherwise submitting versions yourself
isn't all that hard.  See <>.
 Also <> was very helpful regarding
generating and publishing the requisite OpenPGP keys.  To build the bundle I just pulled the
source and binary jars from <>.  I extracted
ecjsrc.jar to "src/main/java" under a temporary directory.  I did the same for ecj.jar to
"target/classes" to avoid actual recompilation, and any Java/class file version issues that
may result.  Referencing the POM already in Central for 3.5.1 (<>)
I created a ./pom.xml (<view-source:>)
that satisfied the current Central Sync Requirements (<>).
 The rest was simply a matter of following the aforementioned guide.

For those wishing to see Eclipse artifacts regularly available in a Maven repository see <>,
and place your votes here: <>.

All the best,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: