tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1158991 - in /tomcat/jk/trunk: native/iis/jk_isapi_plugin.c xdocs/miscellaneous/changelog.xml
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 04:40:56 GMT
On 08/18/2011 03:54 AM, timw@apache.org wrote:
> Author: timw
> Date: Thu Aug 18 01:54:31 2011
> New Revision: 1158991

> Log:
> Use the DLL handle to make the shared memory file name used by the ISAPI Redirector unique
for each DLL - the redirector supports multiple instances per website, and without this multiple
redirectors could access the same shared memory file, corrupting the contents (evident when
LB workers are used on IIS 7).

Hmm, isn't that actually disabling the shared memory purpose?
There is no point to have shared memory if it can't be shared
across the processes.

Your change makes no sense to me, cause now the shared memory
is unique to each worker process which can be easily solved by
not using the shared memory at all.

IMHO if IIS7 corrupts the shared memory, we should find a way
to better synchronize the access to it from multiple
processes instead just making it unique to each process.

Regards
--
^TM