tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Replacing tcnative java classes by svn:externals?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 18:44:53 GMT
On 08.08.2011 14:29, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2011/8/8 Mark Thomas <>:
>>> When tc7.0.x branch is created, what is the plan for jdbc-pool?
>>> Will it be copied over to the branch as well, or we can use externals
>>> pointing to trunk here?
>> I think the best approach would be for 7.0.x to have an external that
>> pointed to trunk but used an explicit revision. That means we have to
>> make a concious decision to update the jdbc-pool in 7.0.x but tagging
>> will just work. It also means experimental work can go on in trunk for
>> jdbc-pool without 'infecting' 7.0.x.
> Sounds good.
> We can use the same approach for tcnative.

Yes, that's a good start. So we would usually set the external in
tcnative to some released TC 7 version, and if there's something
important in the TC 7 branch which is not yet released and should become
part of the tcnative next release, we can make a special TC 7 tag for that.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message