tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Replacing tcnative java classes by svn:externals?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 12:13:22 GMT
On 08/08/2011 12:09, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2011/8/6 Mark Thomas <>:
>> On 06/08/2011 19:51, Rainer Jung wrote:
>>> Anything I have overlooked?
>> Tagging.
>> If you use an external, you have to be very careful creating tags else
>> the contents of the tag will appear to change over time.
> When tc7.0.x branch is created, what is the plan for jdbc-pool?
> Will it be copied over to the branch as well, or we can use externals
> pointing to trunk here?

I think the best approach would be for 7.0.x to have an external that
pointed to trunk but used an explicit revision. That means we have to
make a concious decision to update the jdbc-pool in 7.0.x but tagging
will just work. It also means experimental work can go on in trunk for
jdbc-pool without 'infecting' 7.0.x.