tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: tagging tc-native 1.1.21
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 14:50:07 GMT

On 7/25/2011 3:16 PM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 07/25/2011 07:31 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> Jean-Frederic,
>> Nope, it also includes the native part of FIPS mode. I forgot to update
>> the changelog when I did that commit. Now updated.
>> Note that the new FIPS code isn't called by anything on the Java side at
>> this point. I'm still working on the Java portion of this, so the
>> presence of this new code shouldn't impact anything.
> Think you have that inside trunk.
> This release is from branches/1.1.x

Oh, I didn't realize that the trunk wasn't the tip of the 1.1 branch.

What is the policy for merging things like this into the 1.1 branch?
Just get 3 votes to put it in there? I'll happily do that if we can get
this code into tcnative sooner rather than later -- I'd like the feature
in Tomcat to land after it's available in tcnative so we don't have to
say "yeah, that feature is there, but you can't use it until the next
tcnative release".

View raw message