tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From etienne massip <>
Subject 7.0.18 installer does not work under windows with a custom service name
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 16:01:50 GMT

Sorry to bother you guys, I see you're voting to release 7.0.18 and I tried
to install it with Windows installer on 2 machines.

I must say I'm very interested by the new option to set a custom service
name, but, alas, the installer failed with a custom name both times (no
special chars in name), telling me to check my rights and privileges (I'm
admin on both machines).

Eventually, It worked when I reset the service name to its default value

First machine is my workstation (windows XP), second is a Windows 2003
server machine; I had previously installed a T7 (.0.14 and .0.16) instance
via installer on both machines that I uninstalled before running the T7.0.18

Just to say.

Etienne Massip