tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Casual proposal for change to WebappClassLoader.clearReferencesThreads
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 14:23:03 GMT
All,

Is there any interest in having a configuration option for WCL that
allows certain thread names to be ignored during webapp shutdown?

See http://markmail.org/message/vqeeyosbqxq3tim6 for a short discussion.

It appears that there may sometimes be a race condition where the webapp
can't force the termination of an app-started thread that *will*
eventually shut down. A minor change could alleviate printing a warning
message on redeploy that may worry admins.

I'm sure this would be useful to Terence, but I'm not sure if there's
wide applicability.

Any thoughts?

-chris