tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "HowTo" by KonstantinKolinko
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 20:33:19 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "HowTo" page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo?action=diff&rev1=105&rev2=106

Comment:
Improve HOWTO on customizing common.loader property

   1. Now when you visit ''http://localhost:8080/admin'' you should see a page that asks for
a user name and password.  If you still see the "no longer loaded" error message in your browser,
you must either force a full reload of the web page (in Firefox, hold down Shift key while
clicking on the Reload button) or just restart your browser completely.

- == How do I add JARs or classes to the common classloader without adding them to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib?
==
+ == How do I add JARs or classes to the common classloader without adding them to $CATALINA_HOME/lib?
==
+
+ Either
+
+ a) Run Tomcat with separate {{{$CATALINA_BASE}}} and {{{$CATALINA_HOME}}} (as documented
in {{{RUNNING.txt}}}) and place those classes into {{{$CATALINA_BASE/lib}}}, or
+
- Edit the file ''catalina.properties'' under $CATALINA_BASE/conf; there is a property called
''common.loader'' to which you can add additional paths to find JARs or classes for the common
classloader.
+ b) Edit the file ''catalina.properties'' under {{{$CATALINA_BASE/conf}}}; there is a property
called ''common.loader'' to which you can add additional paths to find JARs or classes for
the common classloader.

  == How do I get Tomcat to start when it says it can't find the file 'setclasspath.sh'? ==
  If Tomcat was working fine the first few times after installation but suddenly refuses to
start up and gives the following error message: