tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Trivial Update of "HowTo" by GuillermoGrandes
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2011 14:24:30 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "HowTo" page has been changed by GuillermoGrandes:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo?action=diff&rev1=104&rev2=105

Comment:
errata

  }}}
  Basically, you just have to enter your values for <myqserver> (the WebSphere MQ servers
host name), <mychannel> (the channel name), <myqueuemanager> (the queue manager
name), and <myqueue> (the queue name). Both these values, the associated names (HOST,
PORT, CHAN, ...), and their collection is truly MQ specific. For example, with ActiveMQ, you
typically have a broker URL, and a broker name, rather than HOST, PORT, CHAN, ...

- The main thing to know (and the reason why I am writing this, because it took me some hours
to find out): How do I know the property names, their meaning, and possible values? Well,
there is an excellent manual, called "WebSpere MQ Using Java". It should be easy to find by
entering the title into Google. The manual contains a section, called "Administering JMS objects",
which describes the objects being configured in JNDI. But the most important part is the subsection
on "Properties", which contains all the required details.
+ The main thing to know (and the reason why I am writing this, because it took me some hours
to find out): How do I know the property names, their meaning, and possible values? Well,
there is an excellent manual, called "WebSphere MQ Using Java". It should be easy to find
by entering the title into Google. The manual contains a section, called "Administering JMS
objects", which describes the objects being configured in JNDI. But the most important part
is the subsection on "Properties", which contains all the required details.

  == How do I use DataSources with Tomcat? ==
  See UsingDataSources