tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Logging" by KonstantinKolinko
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:18:52 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ/Logging" page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Logging?action=diff&rev1=17&rev2=18

Comment:
Replace http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/ with http://marc.info/

  See also the following mailing list discussions:

-  * [[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=106623436423859&w=2|A log4j example]]
+  * [[http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=106623436423859&w=2|A log4j example]]
-  * [[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=108330970225012&w=2|Logging Configuration]]
+  * [[http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=108330970225012&w=2|Logging Configuration]]
-  * [[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=108578233003073&w=2|Example with
JSVC and running on port 80.]]
+  * [[http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=108578233003073&w=2|Example with JSVC and
running on port 80.]]
   * [[http://minaret.biz/tips/tomcatLogging.html|Tomcat and Log4j Configuration (and Velocity),
addressing and solving the bootstrap commons-logging.jar problem]]

  <<Anchor(Q5)>>'''How should I log in my own webapps?'''
@@ -72, +72 @@

  <<Anchor(Q6)>>'''Where does System.out go? How do I rotate catalina.out?'''

- System.out and System.err both print to catalina.out. But you can suppress this via the
swallowOutput property and sent to different log files. catalina.out does not rotate. But
it should not be an issue because nothing should be printing to standard output since you
are using a logging package, right? [[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105544472600001&r=1&w=2a|thread
about rotation of catalina.out]]
+ System.out and System.err both print to catalina.out. But you can suppress this via the
swallowOutput property and sent to different log files. catalina.out does not rotate. But
it should not be an issue because nothing should be printing to standard output since you
are using a logging package, right? [[http://marc.info/?t=105544472600001&r=1&w=2a|thread
about rotation of catalina.out]]

  <<Anchor(Q7)>>'''Where are the logs when running Tomcat as a Windows service?'''

@@ -127, +127 @@

  Restart Tomcat... and it's working!

  ----
- [[CategoryFAQ|CategoryFAQ]]