tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about endAccess method in org.apache.catalina.session.StandardServlet
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 18:39:43 GMT
On 08/06/2011 18:33, Ben Souther wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone can tell me why the endAccess method (which
> resets the lastAccessedTime) in
> org.apache.catalina.session.StandardServlet is called by the
> org.apache.catalina.connector.request.recycle() method.

Because the spec requires that behaviour.

> The spec states that every call to getSession() and getSession(boolean)
> should reset the session timer but it isn't clear as to whether
> requests that don't call these methods should or shouldn't update the
> timer.

The spec is crystal clear on this point. (read section 7.6)

> I'd be more than happy to put together a small patch that gets Tomcat to
> handle this the way it did in version 6 if anyone is interested.

Any such patch is highly unlikely to be accepted since it would cause
Tomcat to violate the Servlet 3.0 spec.

This is really a question for the users list. Any follow-up questions
should be asked their.

Mark