tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by KonstantinKolinko
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:36:54 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ" page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ?action=diff&rev1=45&rev2=46

Comment:
Replace direct specification links with a link to our Specifications page

  Welcome to the Tomcat FAQ. In conjunction with this FAQ we strongly emphasis doing the following:

      * Read the docs. Most answers are already documented.
-     * Know the [[http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/|Servlet]] and [[http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/|JSP]]
specification. Many answers are not documented by the Tomcat team since they are generic and
already defined by the specs. Know the specs, they let you ensure your webapps are portable
across different servlet containers. You can download them here: [[http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html#specs|Servlet]],
[[http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/reference/api/index.html#specs|JSP]].
+     * Know the [[Specifications|Servlet and JSP specifications]]. Many answers are not documented
by the Tomcat team since they are generic and already defined by the specs. Know the specs,
they let you ensure your webapps are portable across different servlet containers.
      * Please do some research. Use a search engine. It is frustrating to see questions which
can be answered with a simple Google search (or your favorite search engine).