tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From 张 <howzmhw...@126.com>
Subject Re:RE: About Tomcat transplantation
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 07:33:28 GMT
Thank you very much for your answer。
These days,we can complie and run the Tomcat7 source code in the 32bit/64bit LFS system .It
run very well.But,now,I don't know what to do with this runnable tomcat.We can see the cat
on the web page,and how can  I make sure that it can run the Tomcat's complete function?

And I hava some other question.Thanks.

On my new system(our cpu and OS and JDK),we may modify the source code,include remove or add
some module.After that ,how can I know the new tomcat is complete,in other words,how can I
test the Tomcat's function after we alter it.Is there any standard about it? I see some 'test'
in the Tomcat source code.But I see some of those are for the bugs.And can I get all the test
info after I run "ant test" in Ant?

And,because our JDK is being test,there are some problem in it .I think when I test the Tomcat
on this JDK there may be some mistake.So I can remove some module from Tomcat for look which
module can't run on this JDK.I study the Tomcat source code for many days,but I don't know
which module are necessary.This may be a trouble question,or my question is about the test
for the Tomcat essentially.

Thank you very much!!And my English is poor and use some wrong words .I'm sorry about that!

在2011-05-10 11:45:39,"Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> 写道:
>> From: 张 [mailto:howzmhwork@126.com]
>> Subject: About Tomcat transplantation
>
>> I am explanting Tomcat7 application using souce code to an
>> our own System.
>
>Been there, done that, got several t-shirts.
>
>You shouldn't have to compile Tomcat at all - if your JDK can pass most of the JCK tests
(and a bit more).  Since Tomcat proper is pure Java, all you really have to worry about is
making the JVM work on your platform.  Besides using Tomcat in production on our extremely
proprietary hardware and OS, we also use it to debug our JVM.

>If you want to include the Tomcat native library, you'll need to be able to build APR
and OpenSSL - but since Tomcat works fine using the JSSE component of the JRE, I wouldn't
bother with those.  Concentrate on getting the JVM working.

>> what other package or tool is needed on the new system?
>
>Again, nothing other than a Tomcat binary download is needed.  If you do choose to build
from source, you'll have to have ant working.  The ant build script for Tomcat will automatically
download all the other pieces it needs.  However, you can build Tomcat on any platform and
then run it on an entirely different one.