tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move to svnpubsub for /dist/tomcat
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 14:06:13 GMT
2011/5/18 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
> All,
>
> We have the option to move to svnpubsub for managing our releases.
> Rather than copying artefacts to people.a.o and then waiting for rsync
> (every around 2 hours) we would commit the artefacts to svn and a commit
> hook would update the /dist/tomcat area on the www servers immediately.
>
> If folks would like to go this route, I am happy to do the work on our
> end to migrate /dist/tomcat to svnpubsub.

1. In what repository will the artifacts go?

IIRC, there is some additional repository. I think it wouldn't be good
to have them in /repos/asf/

2. You will have to upload Javadocs.

With svn 1.6 I used an Ant snippet similar to the following to remove all files,
but leave the directories structure intact:
[[[
		<delete defaultexcludes="false">
			<fileset dir="${path}">
				<exclude name="**/.svn" />
				<include name="**/*" />
			</fileset>
		</delete>
]]]

After that I would copy the new files over the old structure and commit them.

With svn 1.7 that would be easier, because It does not have .svn subdirectories.

I am already using svn 1.7 (TortoiseSVN nightly builds) for two weeks
and am quite happy with them. There is a thread at dev@subversion that
the first alpha/beta for 1.7.0 is tentatively scheduled on June 1.

3. Will we migrate our website to the new CMS?
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/the_asf_cms

Have you thought whether you proposal will facilitate such migration,
or impede it?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko