tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Lorson <elor...@planetmuzic.com>
Subject Redirecting Tomcat logs to rsyslog server
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 15:09:51 GMT

For internal security reasons I need to prevent our tomcat logs from writing
to the webserver local disk. We set up a rsyslog server and want to pipe the
log data directly to rsyslog.

I am trying to work out how to configure tomcat to send all lpg data to
STDOUT or named pipe and have the rsyslog agent send the data to rsyslog on
a separate server.

We are on CentOS 5.6, Tomcat 6 and rsyslog 5.8.1.

I need to know:
1) do we use the default logging library or log4j
2) where is this configured in the tomcat config

Thanks,
Eric