tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question on AprEndpoint.Poller used on XP
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 14:18:58 GMT
On 05/06/2011 04:02 PM, Eric van der Maarel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're in a discussion on the APR dev mailing list regarding a problem
> with tcnative on XP. On XP the poller implemented in APR with select()
> is being used. According to Jeff Trawick of APR, select can never give
> an APR_POLLHUP return event (see
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/201105.mbox/browser).

I followed the discussion and the ideal solution would be to make sure
that the correct flags are returned.

> In the case where we encounter 100% cpu usage when the client connection
> has gone, processSocket() returns true (as almost always). Is this
> intended or wopuld this be a place where a fix could be introduced
> following the line of Jeff Trwick's message mentioned above?

I suppose the problem is that inside Tomcat we don't check the data
processed. Here the solution would be that if the socket comes out
from the Poller with POLLIN and the subsequent read returns 0 we
should close that socket instead putting it back to Poller.
I presume this is what's going on, right?

Regards
--
^TM