tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Trivial Update of "FAQ/Miscellaneous" by ChristopherSchultz
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 13:44:41 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ/Miscellaneous" page has been changed by ChristopherSchultz.
The comment on this change is: Made abbreviated instructions for taking a thread dump into
a link to the "how to get a thread dump" section of the HowTo page..
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Miscellaneous?action=diff&rev1=20&rev2=21

  <<Anchor(Q25)>>'''Help! Even though I run shutdown.sh (or shutdown.bat), Tomcat
does not stop!'''

- Most likely, a non-daemon thread is running. JVM's do not shutdown until there are 0 non-daemon
threads. You will need to perform a thread dump [kill -3 pid for Unix or CTRL+Break for Windows]
to determine the code which started the thread.
+ Most likely, a non-daemon thread is running. JVM's do not shutdown until there are 0 non-daemon
threads. You will need to perform a [[HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F|thread
dump]] to determine the code which started the thread.

  <<BR>>