tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: External Docroot support for Tomcat
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 21:27:51 GMT
2011/4/28 Asha K S <asha@adobe.com>:
> HI,
>
> We have a requirement of supporting two docroots i.e one of tomcat (webapps folder) and
also webservers webroot (Apache webservers htdocs folder) for same context.
> We found that there is no way to actually do it,

Isn't "aliases" attribute on Context what is needed for you? [1]

It is also possible map nested paths as separate web applications, by
naming them as foo#bar - see Naming in [1].

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html

> we have made some changes to Tomcat 7.0.8 source code and Connectors source code so that
when Tomcat resolves getRealPath it actually asks connector for the RealPath(since the files
are present in webservers webroot) .For this we have added an extra command like GET_BODY_CHUNK
when sent connector will ask the webserver for the realpath and sends it to Tomcat server.

> We would like to make this contribution to Tomcat source code ,please let me know what
steps do I need to follow to submit the code and if I have to get it reviewed by someone before
doing this.

Create an enhancement request in Bugzilla
http://tomcat.apache.org/bugreport.html#Patches_and_enhancement_requests

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko