tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project tomcat-trunk-test (in module tomcat-trunk) failed
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:37:13 GMT
2011/4/1 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
> On 01/04/2011 10:54, Bill Barker wrote:
>
>> Full details are available at:
>>     http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/tomcat-trunk/tomcat-trunk-test/index.html
>
> I'm seeing a slightly different issue when I run the unit tests. Tomcat
> hangs during shutdown. It looks to be hanging in the
> DedicatedThreadExecutor. Taking a look now...

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/tomcat-trunk/tomcat-trunk-test/index.html
Start: 	Fri, 01 Apr 2011 09:54:25 (UTC)
Elapsed:	60 mins

>From quick glance I do not see hangs there.

Last output is

    [junit] Running org.apache.naming.resources.TestNamingContext
    [junit] Apr 1, 2011 10:53:38 AM
    [junit]  org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startInternal
    [junit] INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.12-dev

The whole hour since 09:54 Tomcat was running the tests. And it is
just the bio connector. The time used to run up to TestNamingContext
test is about 80% of the test run for a single connector.

>  Tomcat hangs during shutdown.

I did not observe any issues with DedicatedThreadExecutor. All runs OK
for me. (three connectors, Win32, JDK 6u24).

Running the tests several days ago I once saw hanging in the
 org.apache.tomcat.jni.Library.terminate(Native Method)

call during shutdown. That is with APR connector, native 1.1.20 /
win32. That happened only once and was not reproducible ever since.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko