tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Laurent <sylvain.laur...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: anyone using git-svn for tomcat ?
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 21:41:03 GMT
I just did my first commit on tomcat using git, it seems to work.

does it bother anyone if I add a .gitignore file in the SVN repository ?

Sylvain

On 7 avr. 2011, at 22:57, Rainer Jung wrote:

> On 07.04.2011 22:35, Sylvain Laurent wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying out git at the moment and found this page http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache
>> Is anyone here using git in front of svn ? any problem, advice ?
>
> I used it some time for the httpd sources. I like that it is easy to transfer commits
from the local repos to the ASF svn including commit log entry. The patch format is also nice.

> git-svn uses the svn perl bindings which produce crashes every now and then, at least
on my system. I didn't have any situation where the crash left over inconsistent files or
incomplete transactions. The crashes happen during process cleanup.