tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <>
Subject Re: 7.0.13 release for HTTP pipelining fix
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:21:45 GMT
Fortunately I'm only using Tomcat 7 in development, not production, at
this point.

That said, this issue would be a showstopper for me moving to Tomcat 7
for production usage.  BIO still seems like a fine option for many cases
when using Tomcat behind mod_jk.  APR connectors are still not as proven
as BIO ones overall -- bugs are still being shaken out.  APR is also
just too painful when dealing with multiple platforms (building
additional native code for 7 platforms some of which have loathsome
linkers -- yuck!), introduces too great a likelihood of platform
specific bugs/behaviors and will likely never be attractive to me.  NIO
might be (once all the kinks were worked out), but there is no NIO
implementation of the AJP connector.

Jess Holle