tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: anyone using git-svn for tomcat ?
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 20:57:09 GMT
On 07.04.2011 22:35, Sylvain Laurent wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying out git at the moment and found this page http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache
> Is anyone here using git in front of svn ? any problem, advice ?

I used it some time for the httpd sources. I like that it is easy to
transfer commits from the local repos to the ASF svn including commit
log entry. The patch format is also nice.

git-svn uses the svn perl bindings which produce crashes every now and
then, at least on my system. I didn't have any situation where the crash
left over inconsistent files or incomplete transactions. The crashes
happen during process cleanup.

Overall I liked it.

Regards,

Rainer