tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: bindOnInit and maxConnections for AJP connectors
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 19:20:04 GMT
On 05/04/2011 19:42, Sylvain Laurent wrote:

> On 5 avr. 2011, at 11:50, Tim Whittington wrote:
>>
>> HTTP: use maxConnections. For keep alive situations, reduce
>> maxConnections to something closer to maxThreads (the default config
>> is 10,000 keepalive connections serviced by 200 threads with a 60
>> second keepalive timeout, which could lead to some large backlogs of
>> connected sockets that take 50 minutes to get serviced)
>
> I think it was tc6 behavior

Nope. tc6 behaviour was one thread per connection, including during
keep-alive.

, but it changed with tc7 : threads are now returned to the pool between
requests, even with keep-alive connections.

tc7 behaviour does return the thread to the pool but it is certainly
possible for something along the lines Tim is describing to happen
although I don't think the delay could be as long as 50 minutes. I'd
need to double check the code for keep-alive time-outs to be sure.

Mark