tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: [taglibs] Move to pre-req Java 1.6 for Locale services?
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 01:49:37 GMT
> From: Jeremy Boynes [mailto:jeremy@boynes.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy Boynes
> Subject: [taglibs] Move to pre-req Java 1.6 for Locale services?

> As most users are likely to be running on 1.6

As the traffic on the users list shows, this is clearly not the case.

> Sun's 1.5 is generally end-of-lifed

Unfortunately, that's not the case.  1.5 is supported for another 15 years or so - if you
buy the so-called business version, which many corporate users have.

> I'd like to propose solving this with the 1.6 APIs and making it a
> pre-requisite. Any issue with this?

I think it might have a serious impact on Tomcat deployment in corporate environments.

 - Chuck