tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: RemoteIpValve advices
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:43:30 GMT
Mark and Henri,

On 1/26/2011 4:09 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 25/01/2011 23:31, Henri Gomez wrote:
>> FYI, it's the kind of valve required by a Tomcat behind Amazon AWS
>> Load Balancer.
>>
>> I'll detail more later but the current ForwardedValve only handle
>> remote (browser) information and not the local (server) address.
>
> More details would be good. I don't see the use case for this at the moment.

FWIW, Paul Fremantle gave a talk at ApacheCon NA this year where he
demonstrated Tomcat running behind AWSLB. I'm sure they have figured out
what changes are necessary to Tomcat to get it running in that environment.

Perhaps he's got some code he would be willing to share. Or, perhaps
he's not thought if this and would love to hear about this discussion.

-chris