tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com>
Subject Deploying new Applications
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:27:25 GMT
Greetings!

I have a custom Tomcat Manager app that I am using for managing various
web app instances. I am using the method:

     /**
      * Invoke the addServiced method on the deployer.
      */
     protected void addServiced(String name)
         throws Exception {
         String[] params = { name };
         String[] signature = { "java.lang.String" };
         mBeanServer.invoke(oname, "addServiced", params, signature);
     }

borrowed from the Manager app to create a new web application. I'd like
to set the display name on the Context as follows:

  Context context = (Context) host.findChild(name);
if (context != null && context.getConfigured()) {
                 logger.debug("Application deployed");
                 System.out.println("Application deployed");
                 context.setDisplayName(application.getDisplayName());
}

This works, but is not persistent. i.e. when tomcat is restarted the
display name is taken from the context.xml file.
Is there any way for Tomcat to set a persistent display name?

Thanks in advance

Jamie