tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: My [commit] first to 7.x
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 16:35:29 GMT
2010/12/3 Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>:
> All,
>
> Duh, nevermind.
>
> -chris
>
> On 12/3/2010 10:37 AM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>
>> Great. It looks like the format is latest-on-top. Since this is a bug,
>> it makes sense to use the <bug> tag, but it's actually an enhancement
>> and not a flaw, so it makes sense to use <update>. Does anyone care
>> which one I choose? It's got a bug id, so I'm leaning towards <bug> to
>> get the auto-link in the docs.

Looks like you figured that already, but just to summarize:

that
are almost never used)  that give us category of the change.

There are <bug> and <rev> that can be used anywhere in the text and
give us a link to bug number and revision respectively.

You may look into tomcat-docs.xsl for how it happens.

> latest-on-top

Latest TC version on top.
In each section there are subsections (there is a comment that lists
their names in order,
<!-- General, Catalina, Coyote, Jasper, Cluster, Web applications,
Extras, Other -->).

In each subsection the changes are sorted by their bug number, the
ones without a number - in any order, but usually chronologically.

Note, that there is a list of "authors" at the top of the document.

Also, note that you can preview changelog.xml by opening it in a web
browser (it has "<?xml-stylesheet" directive in it).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko