tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1042022 - in /tomcat: tc6.0.x/trunk/STATUS.txt trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/session/StandardManager.java trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2010 21:59:14 GMT
On 05/12/2010 21:18, Sylvain Laurent wrote:

> On 5 déc. 2010, at 18:58, Mark Thomas wrote:
>
>> We haven't been good at this historically for debug messages but we
>> should really use a StringManager here for i18n support.
>
> Though i can understand that i18n is useful for information and error message, is it
really useful for debug level messages ??

Less useful but there is no reason to suppose folks who read debug
messages understand English any better than folks that read info or
error messages.

Some debug messages do use StringManagers, some don't. I just think new
stuff should although there are plenty of examples where it doesn't. I'm
not massively bothered if it doesn't.

Mark