tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1041892 - in /tomcat/trunk: java/org/apache/catalina/connector/ test/org/apache/catalina/connector/ webapps/docs/ webapps/docs/config/
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2010 17:31:40 GMT
On 03/12/2010 16:07, schultz@apache.org wrote:
> Author: schultz
> Date: Fri Dec  3 16:07:50 2010
> New Revision: 1041892

> Log:
> Fixed bug 48692: Provide option to parse application/x-www-form-urlencoded PUT requests

Some minor comments in-line.

> +    protected HashSet parseBodyMethodsSet;
This needs to use generics (same for subsequent use later on in the class).

> +    public String getParseBodyMethods()
> +    {
> +        return (this.parseBodyMethods);
> +    }
The Tomcat code style is to have brackets at the end of the previous line.

> +        if(methodSet.contains("TRACE"))
> +            throw new IllegalArgumentException("TRACE method MUST NOT include an entity
(see RFC 2616 Section 9.6)");
This should use the StringManager for i18n support.

> +    public boolean isParseBodyMethod(String method)
This method could (should?) be protected rather then public.

> -        if (!getMethod().equalsIgnoreCase("POST"))
> +        if(!getConnector().isParseBodyMethod(getMethod()))
The Tomcat code style is to have a space after the if.

>      <changelog>
> +      <update>
> +        <bug>48692</bug>: Provide option to parse
> +        <code>application/x-www-form-urlencoded</code> PUT requests. (schultz)
> +      </update>
>        <fix>
now
>          extends <code>java.util.EventListener</code>. (markt)
Bugs get added to the changelog in ascending numerical order within the
appropriate section.

> +    <attribute name="parseBodyMethods" required="false">
> +      <p>A comma-separated list of HTTP methods for which request
> +      bodies will be parsed for request parameters identically
> +      to POST. This is useful in RESTful applications that want to
> +      support POST-style semantics for PUT requests.
> +      Note that any setting other than <code>POST</code> causes Tomcat
> +      to behave in a way that violates the servlet specification.
> +      The HTTP method TRACE is specifically forbidden here in accordance
> +      with the HTTP specification.
> +    </attribute>
"violates" is probably too strong a term here. There is some wiggle
room in the language. I would suggest "goes against the intent" is
probably closer.

Mark