tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From pix_siro <>
Subject configure the web.xml file to display the index.jsp page of a web application
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 10:28:34 GMT

Hi all,
I'm working on Ubuntu 9.10 where I have installed Tomcat 7. I have a problem
with following web.xml file: the program work fine but when I try to connect
to localhost:8080/OverEncrypt I can not show any page even if I set

The folder configuration is the following:
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/OverEncrypt/WEB-INF with classes and lib folder;
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/OverEncrypt/index.jsp the page that I want show on
the browser;

What should I change to display the page index.jsp?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns=""

Sent from the Tomcat - Dev mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message