tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject License of border-radius.htc in TC7 ROOT webapp
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:12:46 GMT
Hi, all!

The file  /webapps/ROOT/border-radius.htc
in the current trunk does not have the ASL header, nor any other
explicit license.

I think that the origins are here:
[1] http://www.htmlremix.com/css/curved-corner-border-radius-cross-browser
[2] http://code.google.com/p/curved-corner/
[3] http://code.google.com/p/curved-corner/downloads/detail?name=border-radius.htc

[2] says
Code license: GNU General Public License v3
Content license: Creative Commons 3.0 BY

I think that we cannot use it as is.

It provides support for those rounded corners in certain versions of MSIE.

Testing with IE7, if I remove it, there are straight square corners
and the gradient background is misplaced. I do not like the wrong
background, but straight corners are nice. Anyway, it is not a big
deal and the page is still usable.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko