tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: New ROOT webapp feedback
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:07:58 GMT
On 08/11/2010 17:46, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Working through my ApacheCon todo list...
>
> I asked various folks what they thought of the new index page in the
> Tomcat 7's ROOT web application. I think I can sum the comments up with
> the following two points:
> - they liked the updated style
> - they thought there was too much content / too many links

That's interesting.

We could ditch the footer block; we could reduce the size of the dev
quick start.

Adding the extra info was deliberate and intended to be
informative/educational though, so I wonder if we should evolve towards
this version - maybe there's a "shock of the new" effect.

> I'm not planning on making any immediate changes myself but wanted to
> get the feedback on list in case anyone (Pid?) fancied taking a look.

I have a few small fixes anyway.