tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <>
Subject Patch for DataSourceWrapper #48773, problem with memory leak
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2010 22:34:04 GMT
On Oct 9, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Rex Wang wrote:
> 3. For the patch in #48773, could anyone help review and apply it?

I think there's a problem here that would cause a memory leak when the JDBC Driver is bundled
with an application jar. When the driver class is instantiated, it is meant to register itself
with DriverManager creating a hard reference to a class loaded by the application ClassLoader.
This would prevent the webapp from unloading causing a memory leak.

This would appear to be an existing issue so I applied the patch and resolved the bug. I'll
open another to track.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message