tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [taglibs] Proposal to separate out 1.0 functionality
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2010 16:03:26 GMT
On Oct 7, 2010, at 11:15 PM, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Jeremy Boynes <jboynes@apache.org> wrote:
>> A further refinement would be to refactor the 1.0 code to use the JSP EL support
from javax.el.

> <snap/>
>
> 1.0 code? That would preclude its use unless javax.el is provided.

To clarify, this would be the code in our 1.2 implementation (trunk) that provides compatibility
for running 1.0 tags in 1.2-level environment. The existing 1.1 and 1.0 branches would not
change.

The JSTL1.2 spec requires JSP2.1 which would ensure javax.el is provided. There are existing
dependencies on this package in the JSTL1.2 api classes (for example, IndexedValueExpression
depends on javax.el.ELContext) we are not introducing anything new.