tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject [taglibs] Release for 1.2, was: The status of tomcat taglibs project?
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2010 18:55:15 GMT
On Oct 9, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Rex Wang wrote:

> 2. When do you plan to make the first release? Our project really wants to
> switch to the open source implementation..

Trunk now passes the JSTL1.2 TCK so we can release when we want to. However, there have already
been some large changes in the 1.2 stream (such as the move to the Tomcat project, using a
1.5 runtime, switching to Maven build) that will be visible to users so if we are going to
make any others my vote would be to do that before releasing 1.2.0 so they are only impacted
once; examples of these are:

* using a different XPath implementation to fix the performance issues with the XML tags (changes
dependencies)
* splitting out the 1.0 compatibility support into a different artifact
* clean-up on the Maven POMs (especially any changes that impact the parent POM)

We may also need to revise the release process based on the move to the Tomcat project and
Maven build.

With that in mind, what do people think about shooting for a release towards the end of the
month?