tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [taglibs] Pick common format for test class names
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2010 14:01:36 GMT
2010/10/8 Jeremy Boynes <jboynes@apache.org>:
> We have different formats for test class names and need to specifically list them in
the pom.xml file.

> i'd like to propose picking a standard format and using a single wildcarded pattern to
select them. The defaults for the surefire plugin are:
>        **/Test*.java
>        **/*Test.java
>        **/*TestCase.java

Tomcat trunk already uses Test* for tests,
and *Test for abstract base classes, like e.g. CookiesBaseTest.java  here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/test/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/

> i would suggest one of the latter 2 to avoid conflicts with inner classes (e.g. TestTransformSupport$1)

I do not know surefire, but the above file masks end with *.java,  and
your inner classes do not have .java suffix in them. Is there really a
problem??

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko