tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: [taglibs] Pick common format for test class names
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2010 14:01:36 GMT
2010/10/8 Jeremy Boynes <>:
> We have different formats for test class names and need to specifically list them in
the pom.xml file.
> i'd like to propose picking a standard format and using a single wildcarded pattern to
select them. The defaults for the surefire plugin are:
>        **/Test*.java
>        **/*
>        **/*

Tomcat trunk already uses Test* for tests,
and *Test for abstract base classes, like e.g.  here:

> i would suggest one of the latter 2 to avoid conflicts with inner classes (e.g. TestTransformSupport$1)

I do not know surefire, but the above file masks end with *.java,  and
your inner classes do not have .java suffix in them. Is there really a

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: