tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1005192 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/STATUS.txt
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:33:05 GMT
2010/10/13 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
> I'm not against switching from a pair to a triple for this but a) I'm
> not sure many (any?) folks are using path parameters apart from for
> session IDs

I will think more on it and do some testing, what of our APIs are exposing them,
but just from reading RFC 3986 ch.3.3 [1] I think the representation
of them as a simple HashMap<name,value> is inadequate.

> and b) I think the 404 is a more important issue.

Is it possible to fix the client that sends those requests? Or apply a
Valve/Filter?

Though, well, I can imagine a scenario that this issue may be seen
a) start Tomcat and make a bookmark that includes jsessionid in its path
b) reconfigure Tomcat to use a different name for jsessionid parameter
c) the bookmark no longer works.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko