tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandre Vézina <>
Subject Distributed version of commons-daemon.jar
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:17:30 GMT
Hi guys,

I had a bug starting tomcat6 with (commons-daemon). The problem was that
common-daemons was not able to register native methods (with
commons-daemon.jar). Digging into the problem made me find that the file
commons-daemon.jar distributed in
not compatible with the (only) version of common-daemons wich is distributed
right now ( Everything
worked fine when I got a copy of 1.0.2 from the svn tags.

So since the common-daemons-1.0.2 is no more distributed and the jar
distributed in tomcat-6.0.29 seems to be in version 2, do you think it would
be a good idea to to update tomcat6.0.29-src.tar.gz with the
common-daemons-1.0.3.jar? Actually almost nobody will ever compile
common-daemons-1.0,2 again since the archive is no more available.

I got this problem while trying to update the AUR from archlinux:

Thank you
Alexandre Vézina