tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.4
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 21:58:04 GMT
> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.4

> There are no matches for the static files so all is
> OK for the first sentence. However there is a match
> (to *.jsp) the second time through so Tomcat passes
> "/catalog/products/default.jsp" to the JSP servlet
> which returns a 404.

This might be the crux of the matter: section 12.2.1 of the spec states that "*.jsp" is an
/implicit/ mapping (unless overridden by the webapp), and the second matching protocol in
10.10 seems to be referring to /explicit/ mappings (my interpretation, not definitive in the
spec).  Tomcat does not differentiate between implicit and explicit mappings, whereas the
other containers seem to do so.

 - Chuck